Popular Indian snack that are deep-fried until golden and crispy, creating a delightful contrast of textures. This delicious snack is perfect for tea time or as an appetizer during gatherings or parties.
Makes around 12 Samosas
2 cups RK Maida
3 tablespoons oil
Water (as needed)
2 medium-sized potatoes, boiled and mashed
1/2 cup peas, boiled
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
1 teaspoon RK Coriander Powder
1/2 teaspoon RK Garam Masala
1/2 teaspoon RK Red Chili Powder
RK Salt to taste
RK Cooking Oil for deep frying
1. In a mixing bowl, combine RK maida and salt. Add oil and mix until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Gradually add water and knead the dough until it becomes smooth and pliable. Cover and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Once they crackle, add chopped onions and sauté until golden brown.
4. Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a minute. Then, add coriander powder, garam masala, red chili powder, and salt. Mix well.
5. Add mashed potatoes and boiled peas to the pan. Mix everything together and cook for a few minutes until the flavors blend.
6. Remove the dough from the resting time and knead it again. Divide the dough into small balls.
7. Roll out each ball into a thin oval shape. Cut it in half to form two semi-circles.
8. Take one semi-circle and fold it into a cone shape, sealing the edges with water.
9. Fill the cone with the prepared potato filling and seal the top edge with water, ensuring it is completely sealed.
10. Repeat the process with the remaining dough and filling.
11. Heat oil for deep frying in a pan or kadai. Gently slide the prepared samosas into the hot oil and fry on medium heat until they turn golden brown and crispy.
12. Remove the samosas from the oil and place them on a paper towel to absorb excess oil and serve the hot and crispy samosas with chutney or sauce of your choice.